Want to make a Difference?
Become a Volunteer!
Hope Is Where the Heart Is
Faith in Action now recruiting volunteer navigators who are willing to commit time and energy into assisting low income and homeless with resources to improve their living situation or prevent homelessness.
Must be willing to learn and navigate various government programs available and work with individuals who may need these resources. Must be computer literate. Commitment of 5-10 hours per week. A small stipend may be available for successful service. Must attend Orientation and training prior start date. If this is your calling send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org expressing your interest and contact information.
Faith in Action Volunteer Activities
1. Become a volunteer navigator – The FIA Navigation plan is to train community members to assist in their own community by learning resources that are available to low income and homeless. Becoming a volunteer navigator will take training by job shadowing one of the established navigators until you feel comfortable with participants. You will also be invited to Monday Staff meetings for training. This activity could lead to stipend compensation once you become competent.
2. Promote FIA fundraising options –FIA has established several on-line fundraisers and we need some to promote these options through social media, in community groups, person-to person contact, whatever you thing will work.
The established programs are:
Go fund Me—get people to go to website and donate: GoFundMe.com. Type in Banning Navigation Center Etsy Shoppe—pass out cards to everyone you know and promote the site https://www. etsy.com/shop/FIA Thriftique
Monthly donor – make special contacts to your relatives and friends who you think would be interested in becoming a monthly donor https://www.fia-sgp.org/donation plans
Extravaganza—Sell tickets to the upcoming event at the Cabazon
Outlets You may direct guests to https://cabazonshopex22.eventbrite.com to purchase tickets on our secure dedicated website. The Cabazon Outlets website also contains a link https://www.cabazonoutlets.com/event/15th-Annual-Shopping- Extravaganza/2145563702/.
Additionally, a Facebook event will be created by end-of-day today for you all to be able to share. It will also have the link to the Eventbrite page.
3. Participate in select actitives Community Assistance events—Every other month at a church to
bring resources to the community
Hold garage sale
Sizzler Bash for Cash
Create your own fundraiser
4. Nominate someone to be a board member---could be you FIA is seeking board members who are passionate about the work that we do and are willing to put the work in to make things happen. FIA is a
working board needing people who have contacts and connections in the community. Board term is 2-4 years.
5 . Marketing and advertising—We need people who will post information on websites and facebook accounts, bring flyers to specified sites, put info in the newspaper—get FIA to be a well known organization and increase attendance at events.
6. Volunteer at the Chateau 225—our new store selling donated upscale items. We need people for check out, staging and organizing, clean up, sorting, customer relations, etc.
7. Social Media Skills/ on line marketing—We need people to constantly send out emails, messages regarding our campaigns, Chateau sales, and other other information.